Wednesday, September 23, 2009

DC Universe Classics - Vigilante

I am starting to fall way behind on my DC Universe Classics reviews. This is partially due to the fact that it is hard as hell for me to find these figures. I'm also finding that the prices seem to be going up these days on eBay. Especially for the more popular characters. With Wave 9 and 10 starting to make an appearance in stores and online, I figure, its time to finally get started on my Wave 8 reviews so here we go. This review will be on Vigilante:


For starters, the packaging has not changed at all over 8 waves. Same style graphics etc. Its been two years now since this toy line began so, it has that been there, done that feeling. Personally, it doesn't matter to me, I do not keep my toys in their packaging.


Vigilante is one of those figures that pretty much consists of the standard DC Universe Classics body parts. The head sculpt is of course, original and does justice to the comic book character.



Similar to Captain Cold from DCUC wave 7, Vigilante supports a belt with a gun holster on his left side. The rest of the body, you've pretty much seen before on other figures with some minor differences which is not a bad thing IF the paint job is done right.


The paint job is nothing fancy but it works. Vigilante is mostly black with white and blue areas. The paint is clean and does not really run across any of the lines. There is not much to complain about really. His red visor is transparent but I cannot make out any eyes inside them.

If you've been collecting these DCUC action figures, then you'll know that Mattel has been generous with the articulation and because Vigilante's body is basically made up of standard parts, his articulation is not different then the vast majority of the previous DCUC figures. All joints moved fairly well and were not too loose at all.

One of the things that really makes me like this action figure is the cool accessories that come along with it. Vigilante is armed to the tooth with an revolver which can be placed in his hand or his side holster, an automatic pistol and an automatic rifle which also has a strap and can be worn around his shoulders, on his back. All accessories fit fairly well in his hands.

Vigilante has a lot of guns but i think Deathstroke from DCUC wave 3 out arms him. One more note, Vigilante also comes with, of course, a connect and collect piece which is the left leg of Giganta.

Despite Vigilante's standard looking sculpt, I really took a liking to this action figure. Probably because I like the colors of his uniform and he comes with a sh*tload of guns. The extra accessories really increases the fun factor in my opinion and even though he is probably not an A list character, this action figure is still worth the purchase.

Sculpt - 7, Paint - 9, Articulation - 9, Accessories - 9, Fun - 8.5


Vigilante should not be too hard to find. If you read my blog regularly then you'll know that I like to use eBay to purchase these action figures, simply because Mattel does not distribute these toys in my area for some unknown reason. But there are deals on eBay so its not all that bad.

To find Mattel's DC Universe Classics Vigilante on eBay, click here
Amazon.com also has a decent selection of DCUC toys, click here.
Expect to see many more DCUC reviews in the coming weeks as I try to catch up. There are still wave 8 and 9 figures i do not have yet, plus there are 2 packs, the gotham 5 pack and I'm starting to see a few Wave 10 figures appear here and there on eBay. The question is, how easy will it be for me to get my hands on them all and will my pocket book be able to hand it?? So be sure to make your way back to Action Toy Review for more info, news, previews and reviews on Mattel's DC Universe Classics action figures.

No comments:

Entertainment Blogs - Blog Top Sites

Total Pageviews